This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello, my openerp started to fail, and I would like to reinstall it, and to restore my data stored in a .dump file. I´m running over windows 2003 server.

What steps I must to follow to restore the backup? I create a new database or I restore the database as first step? Addons must be installed before of after restoring db? Addons, Open Erp and Postgre versions have to be the same when backuping/restoring? Must I create users before restoring backup?

Thanks 2all!

Discard
Best Answer

Download pgadmin and connect to your postgres instance,

create a database with owner openerp (or the same owner of the old database), then restore the dump in that database

Addons, OpenERP and Postgres versions must be the same version.

Users are already created inside de database.

Discard
Author

So I have to restore the db at first instance? then I logon into OpenErp on that db and I install addons?

the addons are already installed in the database, if they are the same addons you used before.

Author

Thanks, i had to start a new db, install all modules, create user equals as an old db, and, then restoring old bd with another name. Then i erased new database and changed name to old db to new's db name.

Now i'm with other problems and i'm trying to solve them updating addons.

Author

All problems solved. I followed the next steps:

New installation of OpenERP and Postgre, new db with the same parameters of backup db. Log in in OpenERP, installing all modules as in the backup, changed admin name and pass to backups parameters. On pgAdmin erase new db, and import backup, renaming this db to the erased db name. Log in of new at openerp, and upgrading modules who causes errors.