This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello,

I'm trying to play arround with the Real Case example from

doc.openerp.com/7.0/book/1/1_3_Real_Case/1_3_Real_Case_testing_wf/

It went well ... up to the very last point :) . The delivery order is with status Delivered and Invoiced. But now for some reason when I try to Register Payment in the invoice, the dialog pops up, and when I click pay, it shows for less than a second some additional fields, that I can't see or change...then it hides and the invoice stays with status "Open".

Initial view when I click Pay image description

When I click Pay this field shows up for less than a second and I can't touch it image description

Then it dissapears without error/warning and the Invoice stays in status Open. Does not move to Paid on the right end of the screenshot. On the other side I see movements in the Chart of Accounts, so I believe something happens... image description

My questions are:

1) I didn't see any issues so far, what could have I configured wrong, so that I can't complete the last step?

2) In the Chart of Accounts looks like I was allowed to "pay" the invoice more than once, why is this allowed... I expected that either it gets payed once and is closed or it's not payed...but here looks like something in the middle happened... Why?

Regards, Pavel Pavlov

P.S. Sorry for posting the images this way, but I got "Could not post, because your karma is insufficient to publish links"

Discard

Have you some log of server ? Normaly this screen show up and stay until you click pay, and all payment and accounting opération should be ok.

• Have / Can you test on runbot ?
  • Is it your own install ?
Author

Hello Nicolas, Thank you for your prompt responce! Logs: I've uploaded --logfile=/var/log/openerp/openerp-server.log to http://m.uploadedit.com/b020/13771087970.txt. Yes, I expected the same thing - to show up and wait until I hit Pay again. About runbot - I'll check http://runbot.openerp.com and see what I can do there - I'm new to this so I haven't used runbot before. Yes, this is my own install of OpenERP version 7.0-20130814-231037 on debian linux, following exactly the step-by-step instructions from doc.openerp.com/7.0/book/ . Didn't hit any issue/warning or something else so far..

for runbot just go to runbot.openERP.com and hit connect button in V7.0 version

Author

Hello Nicolas, thank you that's really nice! There I was able to create dummy invoice and change it's status to "payed". I wasn't able to see the additional fields. When I clicked pay, it just closed the dialog and updated the status... so for sure I configured something wrong on my instance or there is something missing in the guide.

Best Answer

Your second screenshot shows that OpenERP is asking you what to do with the Payment Difference of 780 euros.

Whenever the option Keep Open is selected - the invoice will stay open after the payment is applied.

The 780 euros isn't being applied correctly - this looks to be because your accounts are not setup correctly - OpenERP is applying the payment the wrong way.

Check you default Income and Expense accounts for each product or product category - these are probably setup as receivable/payable which is wrong.

Discard
Author

Hi Ray, thanks for your advice. I checked the accounts from the example and found that I've configured Accounts / AR Receivable as Payable by mistake. I changed it to type Receivable and I was able to close the invoice. I'll re-run the example on fresh db, because now the Chart of Accounts looks very strange thanks to my mistake. Hope after the correction the chart will look better.