Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to reformat data? : a set of tools for developpers I found useful for some of Odoo users

By
michel Guénard
on 3/2/15, 9:29 AM 471 views

Free Online Tools For Developers

I created this website to help developers by providing them with free online tools. These tools include severalformattersvalidatorscode minifiersstring escapersencoders and decodersmessage digestersweb resourcesand more.

I will add new tools on a regular basis, so be sure to add this site to your bookmarks.

If you encounter a bug, I would very much appreciate that you send me an email (freeformatter@gmail.com) that explains the nature of your bug. Please include details like which browser version you're using and the steps to reproduce the bug. Other comments are welcome.

Please "+1" and/or "Facebook Like" this site if you thought it was useful.

Update July 2014:
I just created a new website FreeDataGenerator.com to generate data in different formats such as CSV, Excel, SQL, XML, JSON and more. It is still in beta, so please be patient if you encounter any issues. I would appreciate you reporting them to me.

Update March 2014:
We are now serving more than 1.1 million pages a month, so the number of servers was increased again and you should now obtain better and more reliable performances.

Update August 2013:
FreeFormatter.com is now serving ~800,000 pages per month to over 175,000 unique visitors! Of course, I upgraded the hosting environment again. It is possible that you run into some small performance issues and if need be, I will add more power! Just drop me a line if the site is very slow for you.

Update April 2013:
Just to clarify things since I get this question a lot: data sent to FreeFormatter is kept in memory for the time of a 'Post/Redirect/Get' request and that's it! The server instances are transient since they are on AWS and are flushed regularly. Nothing is written to files, there is no database and no logs. You should still take time to figure out if your data is too critical to be sent over the wire though, as it is your responsibility. I make every effort to secure the site to the best of my knowledge.

-MrForms

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/2/15, 9:29 AM
Seen: 471 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM