Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to reflect changes in wizard?

By
JC
on 7/16/14, 3:14 AM 745 views

I make some changes in account/wizard for both .py and .xml file but could not get it updated after restarted the service and upgrade the module. What did I do wrong? Please help.

change addons/account/wizard/account_vat_view.xml label at line 10

I also make changes to  addons/account/wizard/account_vat.py

added a new field "gen_gaf"   

After the changed I restarted the service and upgrade account module but nothing gets updated.

please can you give more details in account wizard which file changed?...

Prakash
on 7/17/14, 9:25 AM

updated

JC
on 7/17/14, 9:52 AM

JC

--JC--
| 5 1 8
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
--JC--

JC
On 7/17/14, 10:12 AM

You should develop a module and use inheritence. Leave the original code alone, you will loose all changes on any update. Look through here and inherit the wizard: https://doc.odoo.com/trunk/server/03_module_dev/ If that does not work, copy-paste the code and someone will point out why. This is not by far enough details, we can only guess what went wrong.

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 7/17/14, 9:19 AM

Did you make a custom module for that using inheritance? You should definitely not change the OpenERP code directly.

If you want to be helped, you need to provide at least some more details.

I also make changes at addons/account/wizard/account_vat.py added 'gen_gaf' but not updated after service restart and updated account module. _columns = { 'based_on': fields.selection([('invoices', 'Invoices'), ('payments', 'Payments'),], 'Based on', required=True), 'chart_tax_id': fields.many2one('account.tax.code', 'Chart of Tax', help='Select Charts of Taxes', required=True, domain = [('parent_id','=', False)]), 'display_detail': fields.boolean('Display Detail'), 'gen_gaf': fields.boolean('Generate GAF'), }

JC
on 7/17/14, 9:49 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/16/14, 3:14 AM
Seen: 745 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM