This question has been flagged

It appears that the social networks module is essential for the operation of open erp. Although the system permits the uninstall. And leaves the system completely inoperational. With no means of recovery. I hope this is not an indicator for the overall quality of the coding! How can I repair the system?

This is a massive bug!

Here's my two cents to the topic of social networking: The dependency of OpenErp on this 'social networking' stuff will reduce its applicability in a real productive environment. Invoicing, manufacturing, warehousing, book-keeping those are the functions which make a company thrive or go broke. All this 'social networking' stuff is a productivity killer. Don't fall victim to this bad habits or try to be fashionable. At least make it so one can switch it off without braking the system. Guess what happens on Monday when no packages can be packed, no invoices be printed? Correct: hell brakes loose, guess what happens if I can't 'follow', correct again: nothing, this demonstrates how important this function is.

Discard

I close for two reasons; 1/ too subjective and argumentative 2/ duplicate of the following: http://help.openerp.com/question/8763/removing-social-networks-module-screws-up-system/ This site is dedicated to create a co-created knowledge base. If you want discussions, you should post to the LP lists of Google+ Communities.