Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to record variations in BoM?

Andri Gunawan
on 10/22/13, 2:38 AM 836 views

Hi guys, I am just wondering how do we record variations in BoM?

Lets say BoM of Product A: 10 Kg of Flour

Sometimes it's possible to consume 10.5 Kg of Flour (ie. additional 0.5Kg from the BoM) How do we record the extra usage of Flour in the Manufacturing Order? (Do we record this in the MO?)

Brett Lehrer

--Brett Lehrer--
| 5 4 8
Milwaukee, United States
--Brett Lehrer--
Director of IT and open source enthusiast.
Brett Lehrer
On 10/22/13, 11:14 AM

Edit the raw materials list as needed before finishing the manufacturing order. Just click on the entry and change the value of flour from 10 to 10.5. When the order is complete it will deduct the additional raw materials.

Thanks Brett for your reply. However, I can't change the entry as the entry of materials used in the BoM isn't displayed.

Andri Gunawan
on 10/22/13, 3:28 PM

This is what I did to create the MO: Press "Create" -> Choose the Product -> Enter Product Qty -> Press Save

Andri Gunawan
on 10/22/13, 3:29 PM

What version of OpenERP are you using? 7.0?

Brett Lehrer
on 10/22/13, 8:54 PM

yes i am using 7

Andri Gunawan
on 10/22/13, 11:58 PM
Andri Gunawan
On 10/23/13, 1:42 PM

@Brett How do I do what you said on OpenERP 7?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 10/22/13, 2:38 AM
Seen: 836 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM