Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to record food waste/loss in OpenERP 7

By
Kevin Shenk
on 5/10/13, 3:23 PM 4,895 views

I've setup OpenERP 7 for a small coffee shop. The POS is working fine, but I need a way to track the inventory.

Inventory tracking through receiving and selling products seems rather straight forward, but there is one problem that I can't seem to get a handle on.

One significant factor affecting the inventory is food that is discarded because or age, spoilage, contamination, etc. What is the best way to input and account for this in OpenERP?

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 5/10/13, 4:01 PM

Scrap.

You can do this when receiving, when delivering, when manufacturing, and via an Internal Move when you need to do it not related to one of the previous events.

Make sure Manage multiple locations and warehouses is checked via

Settings -> Configuration -> Warehouse

under the Location & Warehouse section.

When you scrap products, they are transferred to the Scrap location. You have two ways to review the quantity of items scrapped.

1) For all products, go to

Warehouse -> Inventory Control –> Location Structure

Then select Vitrual Locations from the dropdown, click Scrapped, choose either Current or Period and click View Product Inventory.

2) For an individual product, open the Product and from the More menu, select Stock by Location.

Thank-you so much for your quick and helpful answer Ray!

I just have one question about actually recording scrap. What is the most straight-forward method? What is the best way to use the internal move function? If all we're doing is scrapping an item, do we open the internal move form, mark items as scrapped, and then discard the internal move? Or do they also need moved to a different physical location as well to be actually deducted from inventory?

Thanks again for your help!

Kevin Shenk
on 5/13/13, 11:33 AM

Just complete the move. From every place you can move stock, you can scrap. It doesn't make sense to scrap in the middle of a move that is meant to record scrap. Complete the move and forget about the scrap button there. Nothing else needs to happen - the quantity is removed from inventory as soon as it is scrapped.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 5/16/13, 7:34 PM

Makes sense. Thanks so much for your helpful advice!

Kevin Shenk
on 5/17/13, 7:32 AM
Aurélien DUMAINE
On 12/16/13, 12:39 AM

I would like to create a kind of batch action that put in the scrapp virtual location the whole stock of a product list each day. What is the best way to implement that ?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/10/13, 3:23 PM
Seen: 4895 times
Last updated: 10/8/16, 6:31 AM