This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Sometimes one of my clients pays for 3 invoices. Or he pays for 4 invoices and 1 credit invoice. Can somebody give an example on how to reconcile this?

Discard
Best Answer

Here's an example: Let's assume you have 3 customer invoices to be paid:

• SAJ/2013/0003 = 172.5
  • SAJ/2013/0002 = 690
  • SAJ/2013/0001 = 431.25

Total amount: 1293.75

image description

Open any of them and make payment, entering the Paid Amount. If the customer paid 1293.75 for all 3 invoices, we put that value as the paid amount and select 'Full Reconcile' to which invoice the customer paid.

image description

Click Validate and all 3 invoices are now paid.

image description

And now for Credits, let's assume a customer paid 600 for 517.15 invoice (SAJ/2013/0004), which then makes OpenERP automatically put 82.5 as credit.

image description

For the subsequent invoice (SAJ/2013/0005), the customer would only need to pay 3.75 for 86.25 invoice. Here is how you would input the payment:

image description

Discard
Author

Thank you Yohanes for this very instructive answer! I assume the screenprints are from a 6.1 GTK Client and the server is OE 6.1. Is this correct?

Yes it is correct. OpenERP Server 6.1 and GTK Client running on Mac.

Best Answer

go to the first invoice you want to allocate the money to and hit register payment.

Put in the full amount paid, don't just accept the invoiced amount that is in by default.

this will pay off that invoice and leave a credit on their account. If you then go to the customer record and then more-receivables and payables you should see the credit and the remaining invoices. Select the credit and an invoice in the view and reconcile (think you can do several at once, but not certain about that). Do a partial reconcile on each one, not a reconcile with writeoff (unless there are a few pennies left over on the last one, you can write that bit off)

Discard
Author

Thank you Alan for your quick and good answer! However I voted for the answer of your collegue becaus it is more instructive.