This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hi,

I am using Gmail. I setup outgoing mail and it's all working. I setup incoming mail settings and it seems like it's confirmed and working. As I can see that in gmail messages are being read etc. But I do not receive email anywhere. 

Does email supposed to come to inbox? as I was expecting it to be there. What configuration I am missing? I read documentation for many different versions and nothing worked. And on the lastest (v13) setting up alliases and catch.. nothing worked or I do no understand how is that inteded to be used.

Thank you

Discard

Please check the incoming mail fetch scheduler

Best Answer

An important notice: Odoo is not an email client: at least without third party installed. It does not parse messages to user inboxes, but it:

1. Tries to compare email and aliases, and, for example, create an opportunity (sales team alias) or task (project email alias)

2. Tries to compare meta data for the case an email is the answer to Odoo thread. In such a case, such a message would be attached to this thread. For instance, a salespersons answers under an opportunity, and if clients clicks reply-to, his/her email would be attached this opportunity.

3.  In case an email does not suit both criteria, such email would not lead to any actions in Odoo. For sudden cases, you notice frequent mistakes – you may use some specific party tool, e.g. this one – https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/13.0/mail_manual_routing/.

Thus, in order to solve the issue, you should answer the questions:

1. Which behavior do you anticipate? For example, “I have an alias for the team, send it for that email address, but lead is not created”. To emphasize: do not anticipate standard Odoo to put message to user inbox just because this user has the same address as an email server.

2. Have I correctly configured email server catchall address? Do actually alias@mydomain.com is parsed by email server to catchall@mydomain.com

3. Are catchall settings and aliases correctly set up in Odoo?

If you are sure that everything is set up, all these details are required in order community may help you. Besides, the Odoo server logs might contribute much.

Discard
Author Best Answer

I can fetch mail manually too but nothing comes in.

Discard