This question has been flagged

Hi guys, I'm 3 days new to odoo and trying to figure out how to set it up for my company.

I'm not sure if odoo can do what I need it to, I certainly see the potential but lacking experience with the application and finding it hard to get an exact answer for my needs is becoming frustrating. 

The way we run our current warehouse is based on a grid system of addresses, as I noticed odoo has a rough idea how to account for. How we use it however is when ever we receive product we simply look for an empty bin and place product in that bin, we then use a simple custom WMS that I wrote to record qty/address of this product. After going through the odooclass WMS video it looks like odoo instead tries to tell you where you should be placing the product based on pre-configured routes or rules instead of space availability. I also don't see an easy way for the warehouse person to record which location he put the product in.

Is it possible to set odoo up to behave in this manner? or is this an incorrect way to run a warehouse?

We used to have our warehouse configured where certain product was placed in certain locations, the problem with this was when the SKU's changed or stock level requirements changed, or we discontinued product lines. The product per location strategy was to inefficient so we moved to using addresses in a grid and allowed any product to be placed into any location, after which we simply recorded where it was placed.

Is there a tutorial on how to use odoo in this way? or maybe an overall warehouse setup tutorial? I feel like I'm missing something but I'm not sure what.

Thanks

Discard