This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Lets say a customer places an order and his goods are shipped to him within a short time.

To do so I create a Sales Order and from this Sales Order I have my delivery orders and invoice created.

The customer tells me that his order arrived however some products are broken.

How do I resend the customers products correctly?

I have used two ways in the past but both do not seem very good to me.

1. Go to the Sales Order and copy the delivery order. This solution is actually very nice at first because if you have shipping in two steps then you only need to copy the packing. The picking is then created automatically.

Problem with this solution is that the Sales Order increases and Odoo wants me to create another invoice.

2. Second way I did was to create a pick and a pack order. Problem here is that it is not possible to connect the shipment to the Sales Order. So basically when going from the Sales Order or from customer view I do not see that I have reshipped the items.

Could please someone share how they solved it. Thank you

Discard
Best Answer

Hi John,

You would need to create a custom module for that. Customer needs to create a return order for broken items and meantime system will create the another Delivery Order for the broken items.

We developed the module for a client with similar requirement. It was regarding Incoming Shipment while in your case it is Delivery Order.

Sudhir Arya

Discard
Author

Thank you Sudhir for your reply.

Does it really mean that Odoo itself has no proper original solution for it?