This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I have recieved a sales order, which has been paid via PayPal in full but I can not supply a portion of it. The order totalled $141.00

I invoiced all available lines and that left me with a difference of $12.10 that needs to be refunded to the customer.

I cannot work out how to cancel the non-available line items so the sales order can be closed or how to ballance the accounts for the $12.10, which has been refunded in PayPal.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Bump

Discard
Best Answer

Tim, I had the same question. I think a "Refund" can be used as a "Credit Memo" in Odoo.

I think the way that it is designed in this scenario is that you would have done "Refund Invoice" and then selected "Modify: Create refund, reconcile and create a new draft invoice", which then would have had the one less line item.

As you have already applied the payment, I would think that you do "Refund Invoice" and select "Create a draft refund", delete all of the items besides the item that you want to refund, so that only that $12.10 amount will be refunded. I tried testing this and the client's account seems correct, although the invoice still shows a balance. I assume that there is a reconcile feature that I am not aware of. Perhaps someone else can add that information.

Discard