Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to print receipt and kitchen order ticket via proxy in the POS ?

By
jean44
on 6/4/15, 5:56 AM 1,485 views

Hello all,

Please, is there a way to print direclty receipt and kot in the pos without using the posbox ? I have enabled the check box in the POS configuration but it's not working !

Any help would be appreciated, Thank you

FEDERICO LEONI
On 6/5/15, 1:30 PM

mos, we discussed many times this arguments but I admit the search is not exactly helpful when you need to locate a specific argument. 

Yes, theoretically you can, but not without working a bit on it. 

First you need to install the hw_escpos module, expect some missing python libs that you may need to install.

Then you need to cross your finger and see if your printer is fully compatible with Odoo.

For now there are just a bunch of printers tested (Epson TM-T20 series) and if your printer is not one of those you need to add it to the configuration file

/odoo/addons/hw_escpos/escpos/supported_devices.py 

picking the printer's vendor e product code using lsusb (if you are using linux) and put them as new line in the printers list with the following format:

device_list = [
 { 'vendor' : VENDORCODE, 'product' : PRODUCTCODE, 'name' : 'PRINTERNAME' },
]

Hope it helps.

Thank you FEDERICO LEONI for you help, is that all what I should do ? Do I need some specific development?

jean44
on 6/8/15, 5:28 AM

Nope. Theoretically you are good to go if your printer is fully compatible. If not have a look to your Odoo log and see if there are messages about hw_escpos module. Please remember you need to configure the printers on pos_restaurant too to make them works. How depends by the connection you're using (USB, serial or LAN). If I helped you could you lease give +1 to my answer? Thanks.

FEDERICO LEONI
on 6/8/15, 7:59 AM
jean44
On 6/4/15, 7:58 PM

any help please ?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/4/15, 5:56 AM
Seen: 1485 times
Last updated: 6/5/15, 1:30 PM