Odoo Help

how to print product labels on a Zebra LP2824 PLUS?

By
michel Guénard
on 10/26/13, 7:35 PM 3,027 views

OpenErp launched a promissing hardware kit to connect the OpenErp point of sale module to external peripherals like printers ad scanners [http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/opensource-your-shop].

Would this connecting kit support the Zebra LP2824 PLUS which is connecting thru USB?

Brett Lehrer
On 9/13/14, 12:13 PM

I'd love to see some more info on this as well.  There is a hardware proxy module in 8.0 designed to address this, but I don't know enough about how it works.

I believe we have that model thermal printer in our logistics department for UPS labels (plus a few other very similar models), but the best integration I could come up with was fetching EPL code directly from the UPS API and saving it as an attachment.  I shared out the thermal printer and have a simple BAT script as the default program for opening .epl files:

COPY %1 \\<computer_name>\LP2824

It's not a viable solution for POS, but we're at least making it work for shipments.

Shane
On 9/12/14, 2:22 PM

I would also like this answer.  

Ideally someone would share a full list of compatible hardware that the community has tested.  Does that list exist anywhere?

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/26/13, 7:35 PM
Seen: 3027 times
Last updated: 1/28/16, 11:54 AM