Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to prevent the Settings module from loading the "featured" Apps / Modules

By
Abner Galeno Jr.
on 2/6/13, 10:38 PM 2,104 views

Each time I click on the Settings tab, the web client loads the Featured Apps list from the apps.openerp.com website.

I find it unproductive to wait for 10 seconds each time the updated "featured apps list" is loaded after I click on the settings module. I know there is a 2 second window where I can go directly to other parts of the settings module, but...

It would be really cool, if there is an option to prevent the loading of featured apps, especially when I'm already done installing the apps/modules that I wanted.

reference screenshot: img38.imageshack.us/img38/556/longwaitforappmoduleslo.png

Thanks for the correct answer guys.

I had been checking the settings recently but it seems the settings interface are just not that intuitive for me, at the moment. Good thing openerp has an awesome [help] community :) Yey.

Abner Galeno Jr.
on 2/7/13, 11:27 AM

Nicolas Bessi

--Nicolas Bessi--
| 5 7 8
Lausanne, Switzerland
--Nicolas Bessi--
Nicolas Bessi
On 2/7/13, 3:48 AM

Hello,

This is just a workaround but you can change priority of menu Installed Modules List to 1.

Setting->Technical->User interface->Menu

The install Module list will be at top and Open. I do this often when I code.

anton.chodet
On 2/8/13, 4:01 AM

That's because OpenERP connect to apps.openerp.com, I turn it off by changing javascript on /openerp/addons/base/static/src/js/apps.js my solution can visit http://twindevil.com/?p=310

wow, thanks for linking me to the solution on your blog :)

Abner Galeno Jr.
on 2/10/13, 11:36 PM
Shelton
On 2/7/13, 3:53 AM

You can change the sequence of the menu in Settings>Technical>User Interface>Menu Items such that you can access your desired menu when clicking on Settings.For eg. You can place the installe modules menu at first

Zahin
On 2/24/14, 8:50 AM

Good way to fix :

http://goo.gl/qO5TcO

Check complete article and very easy to install & use it.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/6/13, 10:38 PM
Seen: 2104 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM