This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hope all is well. I'm new to openERP. I need help on how to convert 6.0/6.1 modules to openERP 7.0.

Discard

I edited the title using port instead of migrate. We mostly talk about migration for data. Portage is adapting the code, and it is what I understood from the short description. Please, gives more details if I'm wrong.

Best Answer

To migrate a module from v6.x to v7 have a look on what changed OpenERP 7 Release Notes

Views

What you need will have to change are mostly the views as most of them where redesigned. So you will have to change the xpath in view inherits or add <group> tags to see the fields labels.

Model

For the model, you mainly needs to know that res.partner.address disappeared as contact are now res.partner, plus res.users is an inherit of res.partner. For more details read the Release Notes.

Community Modules

If you plan to port a community module or you want to add a new module in community modules, you will have to do this with a merge proposal in one of the community branches and this will be reviewed by the community reviewers.

Discard
Best Answer

It can be possible by migration scripts.

OpenERP not publicly provided these scripts.

For your work code and database migration both require.

Discard