Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to plan tasks in calender view as a "block" ?

on 5/1/13, 7:42 AM 1,810 views

When i plan a task for employees in the calender view, they come as a default from 11:00 - 12:00 block in the view (No matter how much planned time, of start/end time)

I can resize that box to the times i want them to be planned, so i get a nice overview of how full their day is. Only to see that its back to default when i switch to another window and back.

Anyoneone know if this is a bug, or maybee some bad config on our side ?

Bonnet Denis

--Bonnet Denis--
| 5 6 8
Vannes, France
--Bonnet Denis--

Engeneer at MGS Consulting Ouest at Vannes, FRANCE

Bonnet Denis
On 6/3/13, 10:59 AM

In our team we use project.task.work object from work on task module to have a nice planning.

With this you can have several "block" for one task. Like "work on website back-end" Monday at 14h00 to 18h30 and Wednesday at 8h00 to 12h00. You can't do that with project.task object.

We have a module that add a new menu "project/work planning" in UI. If you want, I can link it to you here.

module on launchpad bzr branch lp:~eirhylien/server-env-tools/viewWork

Hi Denis, would be nice if you are going to post this link here :-) Thanks & kind regards, Michael

InoX-Tech GmbH, Michael Döderlein
on 6/3/13, 11:56 AM

This module is on a local PC. Tomorrow I will post this on launchpad.

Bonnet Denis
on 6/3/13, 2:07 PM

the description in openerp.py file is in English but the menu entries are in French.

Bonnet Denis
on 6/4/13, 7:34 AM

Thanks in advance for the posting of the module, this will help us alot because the method i tried isn't the best.

on 6/4/13, 11:09 AM
On 6/3/13, 9:40 AM

Already found this out myself, the solution is to change the Calendar View into the following;

<calendar color="user_id" date_start="date_start" date_stop="date_end" string="Tasks"> <field name="name"/> <field name="project_id"/> </calendar>

In this case u will state a beginning and end date (Time), instead of the default starting date = deadline.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 5/1/13, 7:42 AM
Seen: 1810 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM