Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to place/add products into categories in Odoo POS??

Andy Raince
on 4/21/16, 3:49 AM 352 views

I have imported the product list with its prices and I can see it in the POS user session.

I also imported category list separately in POS Product categories. Now the problem is how can I connect the categories with Products so that when I click on the category in the session, it only show me the products in that category.

michel Guénard

--michel Guénard--
| 5 5 8
--michel Guénard--

VP operations & finance Social entrepreneur Certified Public Accountant Past Chief internal auditor

michel Guénard
On 4/21/16, 5:48 PM

you can export your products to a csv file (UTF_8), with the field "pos category" and the product "name"; then modify the pos category rows (using any spreadsheet tool) ; once done you import the csv file.

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 4/21/16, 3:55 AM

If you want to do it manually, go to "Sales/Products" under the Sales tab (if I remember it correctly) and assign the corresponding POS product category. This is at the same place where you also assign the Website product categories.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 4/21/16, 3:49 AM
Seen: 352 times
Last updated: 4/21/16, 5:48 PM