Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
I'm facing a big problem in my accounting regarding the opening/closing fiscal years.
Here is an example :
- in 2012 i have a customer with an opened invoice (let's say 1000 â¬)
- in 2013, i close my 2012 period generating opening entries in January 2013, so i forward the debts of this partner to a balance carried forward account (Report Ã nouveau in French) the balance carried forward account as a 1000 â¬ debt for this partner.
- in June 2013 i receive a payment from this customer regarding his debt.
How it's the right way to record it ?. I can't see any proper solutions :
- if i reconcile the payment in 2013 with the 2012 invoice, the invoice will be tagged as "Paid" (which is a good thing) but the balance carried forward account will not be cleared, and in the Partner Balance i will see the 2013 balance carried forward account.
- if i reconcile the payment in 2013 with the balance forward account, the 2013 balance partner will be cleared, but the invoice will remain unPaid.
What is the correct solution to accomplish this kind of operation? I'm really embarassed with this issue and my accountant too...
Thank you very much for your help...
Ok, i just has OpenERP by phone, here is the right way to accomplish this :
If you have an opened invoice in 2012 for instance, il the end of the year you create the opening entries based on the fact that the 4111 acount is typed "Recievable", which has a defferal method in "Unreconciled". This is a very important point.
WHen you do that, openerp will transfer the 2012 opened entries in 01/2013 period in an Opening/Closing journal.
-These newly created moves lines are automatically recounciled TOGETHER, which is not correct in an pure accounting point of view, because you recouncile some 411 account with 419, 512 etc..., but it allows openerp not to get these entries in a partner balance when yoiu want to have all unrecounciled entries for a partner.
-Finally, when my partner pays me in 2013, i just have to go in the 2012 unrecounciled invoice and record the payment.
So to sum up : - when you have an opened invoice between two years, ALWAYS RECORD A PAYMENT WITH THE ORIGINAL INVOICE, not with the opening moves. Just check your opening entries are reconciled together.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 11/7/13, 2:51 PM|
|Seen: 3834 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|