Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to pass user inputed text from website to database and then display it on user who inputed it. [Odoo 9]

By
Kristoff
on 7/28/16, 4:56 AM 281 views

I'm inheriting template from online events app. there's registration for events there and I've added some field that user fills with text. I need this text to be saved in database so i can display what user inputed in he's profile in online events attendees. Below is the template part where I added place to input text by user. I think getting data from website is done with controllers but I just don't know how.

<div class="input-group">
    <t t-foreach="event.question_id" t-as="question">
        <span class="input-group-addon"><t t-esc='question.title'/>
            <input type="text" class="form-control" t-attf-answers="#{counter}-answers" widget="text" t-att-placeholder="'Question #%s' %question.id"/>
        </span>
    </t>
</div>

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 7/29/16, 3:20 AM

If you want to save user input, you also need to add the necessary amendments in the backend. Please read the corresponding docs, which you can find here:https://www.odoo.com/documentation/9.0/

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/28/16, 4:56 AM
Seen: 281 times
Last updated: 7/29/16, 3:20 AM