Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to pass entry for the transfer of money from Cash Account to Bank Account?

By
Hamid Ali
on 8/23/14, 4:19 PM 1,244 views

Hi everyone, although I asked a similar question before but could not get a satisfactory answer, may be my question was not clear. I would like to request you to please help me in this regard. 

Suppose I have some money (one day sale using POS) in my cash drawer at a retail outlet. After closing the sale for that particular day, I have deposited that money in company's bank account. What entery and how exactly I am supposed to do this in Odoo? Please help.

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
On 8/25/14, 4:24 AM

Hamid,

It depends on your selection of journal. When you close the session, the accounting entries will be generated to cash journal. If you have linked the bank journal, the entries will go to bank journal.

In any case, you can still forward your accounting entries to bank journal by doing a manual journal entry creation.

Thanks.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/23/14, 4:19 PM
Seen: 1244 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM