Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to pass context through workflow?

By
Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
on 1/29/14, 10:05 AM 1,501 views

I had some context values that needs to be passed to the function with function call, but I tried to use workflow to pass the control to the function.

When I used workflow, all the context value were not available in the function when checked i.e. context = {}.

Is there a way to pass context value through workflow??

It's a big problem !!

Yug Faa
on 2/1/14, 12:46 PM
Jose Calle
On 2/3/15, 11:08 PM

Although it may not look reasonable to some of us there is actually no way to pass context. As of Odoo 7.0 the workflow should be based exclusively on the state of the document regardless of any value in the context (the context should not be passed). You can check a very old bug about that here https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-server/+bug/434266

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/29/14, 10:05 AM
Seen: 1501 times
Last updated: 3/31/15, 5:35 PM