This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I want to override  a Security Record Rule (model ir.rule) with a new domain. I have looked up the record id and model in External Identifiers and produced this data.xml-file:

<data>

<record id="base.res_partner_rule" model="ir.rule">
            <field name="name">Multi-company res.partner</field>
            <field name="model_id" ref="base.model_res_partner"/>
            <field eval="True" name="global"/>
            <field name="domain_force">['|','|',('company_id','=',False),('company_id','child_of',[user.company_id.id]),('company_id','in',[company.id for company in user.company_ids])]</field>
        </record>

</data>

I dont get any erros when I install the module but the ir.rule-record does not get updated.

<data noupdate="false">

<data noupdate="0">

<data noupdate="1">

I have tried some attributes on data but with no luck.

Discard

I'm facing the same issue. Do you find a proper way to handle this ?

Me too, How can I fix this?

Thanks

Best Answer

This is probably because the default rule has been defined with <data noupdate="1">

Once this is done, you cannot update it or overwrite it or even set the noupdate property to 0.

You can instead navigate to Settings > Sequences & Identifiers > External Identifiers and search for res_partner_rule.

Open this record and uncheck the "Non Updatable" boolean. Try updating your custom module again.

It is still useless because of the manual work involved, you might as well create a record rule on the UI directly. But it can save you some time. Please let us know if you find a better way to do this.

Discard

thank you very much Shawn Varghese!