Help

How to overwrite buttons save save/create in wizard of a one2many line ?

yellow

Hi all, I try to overwrite originals buttons "save" and "save/create" which are in wizard opened in a one2many line, this for version openerp 6.1 . It is possible, and if yes, how to do that.

Thanks for your contribution.

Regards.

2 Comments
Discard

What you want to do after overwrite them? Do you want to put your own buttons?

yellow
-

Hi sudhir, thanks for your interest, no I would like to add some operations when originals buttons save or save/create in wizard of a line one2many are clicking, by overwritten java function do_save in web/addons/web/static/src/js/view_form.js, like function super in python, for buttons oe_selectcreatepopup-form-save-new, oe_selectcreatepopup-form-save defined in web/addons/web/static/src/xml/base.xml. I do not kow how to overwrite this java function in xml view or python. This is enough clear as answer, or ? Thanks.

4 Answers

I don't have any idea about web but I can give you another solution that you can override create or write method.

create method will be called when you will create a record and write will be called when you will update the record.

def create(cr, uid, vals, context=None):
    #Todo code
    super(your_class_name, self).create(cr, uid, vals, context=context)

def write(cr, uid, ids, vals, context=None):
    #Todo code
    super(your_class_name, self).write(cr, uid, ids, vals, context=context)

Hope it will work for you.

Thanks.

5 Comments
Discard
yellow
-

Thanks for your answer, I know it is possible to overwrite method write, create, unlink ..., but the problem in a one2many wizard is that when you created a new line and saved this line with button in wizard, tehre is no create or write action, due to the code in web client, there is just a temporary id created prefixed as one2many_v_id_xxx (see file data.js in web), changes are really saved only when I push button save of the form, and not when I push button save of the wizard, then in this case operations I want to do can not be done immediately. An other idea ??? Thanks

Did you try on_change on your one2many field?

yellow
-

Thanks for your effort and answer, the same conclusion as Francesco, but it was the first to find, I will validate his answer, but I vote for your answer too. Thanks. Bye

My pleasure. If you get solution then please share it so that it can help to others.

yellow
-

If I find an other solution I will share it. Thanks again bye.

Best Answer

The best way is to do a super on write and/or create function in your class.

Another way is to use the on_change function on the one2many field so you can do all the control you need

6 Comments
Discard
yellow
-

Thanks for your answer, I know it is possible to overwrite method write, create, unlink ..., but the problem in a one2many wizard is that when you created a new line and saved this line with button in wizard, tehre is no create or write action, due to the code in web client, there is just a temporary id created prefixed as one2many_v_id_xxx (see file data.js in web), changes are really saved only when I push button save of the form, and not when I push button save of the wizard, then in this case operations I want to do can not be done immediately. An other idea ??? Thanks

Francesco OpenCode
-

You can use the on_change function to do something when you o2m change

yellow
-

Effectively, this is the conclusion I found too. Update your answer with good conclusion, I will valid it. Thanks. Bye

Francesco OpenCode
-

done....:)

yellow
-

Done too, thanks again, bye.

yellow
-

Hi, I reopen question because onchange doesn't work, I have an error with virtual id .... an other idea ? thanks. Bye

wizardz
Best Answer

any update on this? any solution?

Discard
Sandro
Best Answer

Hi all, any update about this issue????

Thanks in advance.

Discard