Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to order (buy) product B each time a product A is sold?

By
Pascal Tremblay
on 2/23/16, 4:42 PM 368 views

hello all,

in our point of sale, each time 1 x product C is sold, a purchase quotation is created to buy 1 x product C. It works well.

Now, we would want that each time 1 x product A is sold in the point of sale, a purchase quotation is created for 1 x product B (and not the A)...

Product B is like a subproduct of the product A.

What would be your approach to manage this?

thanks

You want that When Product A is sold an PO for Product B should automatically trigger

Nilim
on 3/8/16, 10:04 AM
Edser Solis
On 2/23/16, 6:58 PM

I believe the best way you could approach at this is with MRP making a simple BoM. 

You would have to state in the BoM that product B is part/ingredient of your product A in 100% (would be 1).

thanks for your answer. But your solution triggers a manufacturing order no? I want a purchase quotation to be trigered for product B.

Pascal Tremblay
on 2/23/16, 7:28 PM

It should not trigger a production order if the BoM type is "Set" and the route is properly defined.

Ermin Trevisan
on 2/24/16, 4:01 AM

I will test it soon. thanks

Pascal Tremblay
on 2/25/16, 7:29 PM

Thanks for your tips. I have managed to do it! I didn't know about the bom type.

Pascal Tremblay
on 2/29/16, 10:27 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/23/16, 4:42 PM
Seen: 368 times
Last updated: 2/29/16, 10:26 PM