Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to open/see Customer's image in full size?

By
Danijel
on 1/26/15, 5:19 AM 1,624 views

When I click on Customers, I see list of customers. If I click on one, I see customer's details, including the image/picture of a customer.

My question is: How can you see the image/picture of a customer in full size? Because clicking on it just doesn't work.

Juan José Scarafía
On 1/26/15, 7:46 AM

Hi Danijel,

I think that its not possible. May be you can download the picture and then see in full size in your computer.

Regards,

Juan José - Ing ADHOC

Danijel
On 1/26/15, 8:16 AM

Juan thanks for your answer. I cannot believe that Odoo is so user-unfriendly at this functionality.... pictures are useless then. When I go to business partner I wanna see the picture of what he looks like. Totally unacceptable, but that's just the way it is I guess....

EDIT: I checked the log, Odoo resizes image to 128x128, so even if you managed to click on the picture, the size would remain the same. Such a pity...

Danijel I'm afraid Juan is correct. At the moment there is no zooming in function or anything. If you'd like this you'd have to add it yourself I'm afraid!

Yenthe
on 1/26/15, 9:32 AM

Jérémy Kersten (jke)

--Jérémy Kersten (jke)--
| 3 2 5
Jodoigne, Belgium
--Jérémy Kersten (jke)--

Jérémy is a member of the core R&D team since september 2013. He developed several projects for OpenERP version 8 including the eCommerce, the Google Calendar synchronization and the new product variants/configurator. Now, he manages Odoo website and themes for saas.

Jérémy Kersten (jke)
On 1/26/15, 5:26 PM

Hello Daniel, 
Are you talking about Customer in backend ? 
If yes, I'm not sure that is really a need for many peoples and so a user-unfriendly  behavior !
But if you want really do that, you can always add this option updating/extending the widget FieldBinaryImage.

if (this.options.click_fullsize) {
            field = 'image';
            url = this.session.url('/web/binary/image', {
                                        model: this.view.dataset.model,
                                        id: id,
                                        field: field,
                                        t: (new Date().getTime()),
            });
            $img.attr('onclick', _.str.sprintf("window.open('%s')", url));
        }

And so, inherit Qweb template res partner form and replace image by 

<field name="image" widget="image" class="oe_left oe_avatar" options="{&quot;preview_image&quot;: &quot;image_medium&quot;, &quot;size&quot;: [90, 90], &quot;click_fullsize&quot;: True}"/>

But what is your real usecase? It's an avatar, so it small by default ...

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/26/15, 5:19 AM
Seen: 1624 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM