Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to open/see Customer's image in full size?

on 1/26/15, 5:19 AM 1,540 views

When I click on Customers, I see list of customers. If I click on one, I see customer's details, including the image/picture of a customer.

My question is: How can you see the image/picture of a customer in full size? Because clicking on it just doesn't work.

Juan José Scarafía
On 1/26/15, 7:46 AM

Hi Danijel,

I think that its not possible. May be you can download the picture and then see in full size in your computer.

Juan José - Ing ADHOC

On 1/26/15, 8:16 AM

Juan thanks for your answer. I cannot believe that Odoo is so user-unfriendly at this functionality.... pictures are useless then. When I go to business partner I wanna see the picture of what he looks like. Totally unacceptable, but that's just the way it is I guess....

EDIT: I checked the log, Odoo resizes image to 128x128, so even if you managed to click on the picture, the size would remain the same. Such a pity...

Danijel I'm afraid Juan is correct. At the moment there is no zooming in function or anything. If you'd like this you'd have to add it yourself I'm afraid!

on 1/26/15, 9:32 AM

Jérémy Kersten (jke)

--Jérémy Kersten (jke)--
| 3 2 5
Jodoigne, Belgium
--Jérémy Kersten (jke)--

Jérémy is a member of the core R&D team since september 2013. He developed several projects for OpenERP version 8 including the eCommerce, the Google Calendar synchronization and the new product variants/configurator. Now, he manages Odoo website and themes for saas.

Jérémy Kersten (jke)
On 1/26/15, 5:26 PM

Hello Daniel, 
Are you talking about Customer in backend ? 
If yes, I'm not sure that is really a need for many peoples and so a user-unfriendly  behavior !
But if you want really do that, you can always add this option updating/extending the widget FieldBinaryImage.

if (this.options.click_fullsize) {
            field = 'image';
            url = this.session.url('/web/binary/image', {
                                        model: this.view.dataset.model,
                                        id: id,
                                        field: field,
                                        t: (new Date().getTime()),
            $img.attr('onclick', _.str.sprintf("window.open('%s')", url));

And so, inherit Qweb template res partner form and replace image by 

<field name="image" widget="image" class="oe_left oe_avatar" options="{&quot;preview_image&quot;: &quot;image_medium&quot;, &quot;size&quot;: [90, 90], &quot;click_fullsize&quot;: True}"/>

But what is your real usecase? It's an avatar, so it small by default ...

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 1/26/15, 5:19 AM
Seen: 1540 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM