Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to open graph or form view from js file?

By
Khatri Jeenit
on 7/15/16, 6:38 AM 328 views

I want to open view by using the js file, 

code: 

res = self.pool['ir.model.data'].get_object_reference(cr, uid, 'my_module', 'my_view_id')

return {

'view_type': 'form',

'view_mode': 'form',

'view_id': res[1],

'res_model': '',

'type': 'ir.actions.act_window',

'target': 'current',

}

I created python function which returns the view, but as I am returning the view it is return to the JS and not opening the view. So, I want to know that how to open this view from the JS. As some tree view are opening in POS using JS but I am not getting how to open Graph view or Form View.

Nikunj Antala
On 7/16/16, 12:51 AM

Hello Khatri,

You can call action from js by this way..

return this.do_action({

type: 'ir.actions.act_window',

name: this.string,

res_model: this.field.relation,

views: this.options.views,

target: 'current',

context: context,

domain: domain,

});

But you have created function that return action in python. as you said that function not work properly. So would like to suggest first try to use @api.multi in python function.

Hope this helps.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/15/16, 6:38 AM
Seen: 328 times
Last updated: 7/16/16, 12:51 AM