Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to open a wizard on Record Creation.

By
komala kiran kumar. Parepalli
on 1/22/14, 7:22 AM 942 views

Hi Guys! I am in a situation here to open a wizard on creation of any record.

Exactly Speaking,

When i open a form view to create any record with some data and click on Save button, it has to save the record and as the immediate action it has to open a wizard to perform some action.

Can any one help me to accomplish this situation. Help me out.

Please Let me know any solutions or Ides, Both are accepted.

Thanks in Advance.

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

On 6/21/14, 3:41 AM

Komala,

By design, the create will return an ID to the client and hence it won't be possible straight a way to open up a pop up.

You would need to alter some web code to do the needful.

Thanks.

Hi Serpent! Can you help me out how and where to change in the web. So that it will not disturb the original functionality.

komala kiran kumar. Parepalli
on 9/22/14, 4:21 AM

Komala, I dont think this can be explained over text. You should need a complete undertstanding of web. In a nutshell, the web code which is responsible for create() should be altered. Thanks.

on 9/24/14, 12:29 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/22/14, 7:22 AM
Seen: 942 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM