Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to not store character field in db

By
Eric
on 3/26/14, 4:06 PM 753 views

Hello, I have a situation where I need a character field displayed on a xml view, but I dont want the value stored in the DB for security reasons

I am making a module that uses authorize.net so I need the user to enter the credit card info so that it can be processed, but I do not want to save the credit card info on the table.

Is there a way to not store character fields in the db?

I cant use a function field because its not editable, so I need a character field so that the user can enter the credit card info on the form and submit it.

Grover Menacho

--Grover Menacho--
| 5 7 8
La Paz, Bolivia
--Grover Menacho--

Systems Engineer + MBA

Grover Menacho
On 3/26/14, 5:11 PM

Hello.

Yes you can use this:

fields.dummy(string='Credit Card', type='char')

Thank you for your reply. When I changed them to the dummy fields, it passes False as the values of those fields. I need it to pass in the value entered by the user. Can the value on the dummy field be passed into a method when the form is submitted?

Eric
on 3/26/14, 5:32 PM

Well, it depends when do you want to process the credit card. Maybe you can just delete them after using that value.

GH Mediacloud, Grover Menacho
on 3/26/14, 7:21 PM

Ya, I think that's what Im going to do. Thank you

Eric
on 3/26/14, 8:57 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/26/14, 4:06 PM
Seen: 753 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM