Odoo Help

How to normalize the zip code of a new created account on the website?

By
Pascal Tremblay
on 3/8/16, 10:10 PM 998 views

Hello all,

When a new user create an account on our site, what is the easier way to be sure that the zip code is alway entered like :

G8E 5M7 (with capitals letters an a space)

and not like :

g8e5m7

g8e 5m7

G8e 5M7

etc.

Do you have an idea of an easy method to manage it? Or should i dive in python once again?

In my case (custom module) I did it that way:

post = record.buyer_postcode.strip(' ')
	code = "%s %s" %(post[:-3].strip(), post[-3:])
	postcode = code.upper()
	record.write({'buyer_postcode': postcode.upper()})
So if you want you can modify py, add action "Validate" or something ....
Dr Obx
on 3/9/16, 4:32 AM

But in your case it will be better use jQuery as Axel suggested.

Dr Obx
on 3/9/16, 4:33 AM

Thanks a lot!

Pascal Tremblay
on 3/9/16, 9:48 AM
post = record.buyer_postcode.strip(' ')# striping postcode to get only string of characters and digits
	code = "%s %s" %(post[:-3].strip(), post[-3:])#joining it back with one space between
	postcode = code.upper()# changing to uppercase
	record.write({'buyer_postcode': postcode.upper()})# writing new value into the field or database
Dr Obx
on 3/9/16, 12:05 PM
Axel Mendoza
On 3/9/16, 2:37 AM

You could do it using a mask on the input field and normally in combination with a regular expression to validate the format in js and in python to avoid mistakes, you will be ok

See examples here:

https://igorescobar.github.io/jQuery-Mask-Plugin/

Thanks Axel. Would you know in which file I should work in odoo 8 to put this code?

Pascal Tremblay
on 3/9/16, 9:48 AM

I would say that I have to install myself the jQuery Mask Plugin. Is it the case?

Pascal Tremblay
on 3/9/16, 10:21 AM

I would try in base/static/src/js/apps.js because in base/res is res_partner so this is the best place to start or as separate module .... but i'm not an expert :) (i'm a total amateur)

Dr Obx
on 3/9/16, 12:02 PM

thanks again. I'll see all of this.

Pascal Tremblay
on 3/9/16, 12:35 PM
Pascal Tremblay
On 3/9/16, 4:20 PM

Here is our complete solution. Thanks to Dr Obx and Axel.

1) Download jquery mask plugin

2) Install it in ourmodule/static/src/js

3) Load the script

<template id="ourmodule.assets_frontend" inherit_id="website.assets_frontend" name="Shop">
            <xpath expr="." position="inside">
                <script type="text/javascript" src="/website_lapagept/static/src/js/website_sale_clear_cart.js"></script>
                <script type="text/javascript" src="/website_lapagept/static/src/js/jquery-mask-plugin-master/src/jquery.mask.js"></script>
            </xpath>
        </template>

4) Add this in the file ourmodule/static/src/js/jquery-mask-plugin-master/src/jquery.mask.js

$(document).ready(function(){
//  $('.zipcode').mask('A0A 0A0');
        $('.zipcode').mask('Y9Y 9Y9',
                           {'translation': {
                                        9: {pattern: /[0-9]/},  
                                        Y: {pattern: /[A-Z]/}
                                      }
                                });
});

5) Add the correct .zipcode class to the field that should have the mask

<div t-attf-class="form-group #{error.get('zip') and 'has-error' or ''} col-lg-6">
                      <label class="control-label" for="zip">Code postal</label>
                      <input type="text" name="zip" class="form-control zipcode" t-att-value="checkout.get('zip')"/>
                  </div>

AND ALSO

<div t-attf-class="form-group #{error.get('shipping_zip') and 'has-error' or ''} col-lg-6">
                      <label class="control-label" for="shipping_zip" style="font-weight: normal">Zip / Postal Code</label>
                      <input type="text" name="shipping_zip" class="form-control zipcode" t-att-value="checkout.get('shipping_zip', '')" t-att-readonly=" 'readonly' if shipping_id &gt;= 0 else ''"/>
                  </div>

And it works fine!

Exactly as you do it

Axel Mendoza
on 3/9/16, 6:07 PM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/8/16, 10:10 PM
Seen: 998 times
Last updated: 3/9/16, 4:20 PM