This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have created a xml form for displaying some information and given the parent id as <menuitem name="Portal_customer" id="portal_pr" parent="portal.portal_menu"/> but i am not able to see my form getting loaded , what is the problem here and is there any way to customise the design of customer portal form

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

the portal is displayed only for members of group "Portal". Hence, in your Menuitem declaration, you must specify the portal group as below :

groups="portal.group_portal"

In general, the way to add items to your portal is to modify rules, menus, and access rights in the group portal. Just play with it.

Hint : for discussion groups to be displayed, you just have to set them public.

Marc.

PS: please vote if you find this answer useful

Discard
Author

Thanks for your reply sir, but what is my query is when ever I log in with portal user i am able to see the menuitem i have created, after logging out the portal screen appears which has News,Jobs, Career,Contact but i want my menu item to be displayed there how can i achieve this

In fact, there is 2 portals : customer portal and public portal. The portal you see when you log out is the public portal. If you want to see your menu there syou should had it to group "portal.group_anonymous"

Hi. On Saas version. 1/ Sample contact created and given access to portal - Contact "Activated". 2/ sample Discussion group created with "Public" Access. This discussion group isnot displayed in Sample contact's portal. Justthe by defect "jobs", "company news", "Contact". Can sbdy help?