Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to modify default search behaviour - AND by default instead of OR ?

By
Lawrence
on 7/19/13, 10:08 AM 808 views

Hello,

I would like to learn how to modify the default search behaviour such that the AND search criteria is default (i.e. if you type criteria1 into the search box and hit enter and then type criteria2 into the search box and hit enter it should automatically apply the AND operator rather than the OR logic).

Currently the only way to do this is to apply advanced searches one at a time which is quite time consuming, so having the ability to do it in the standard search field will save a lot of time!

Thanks for any help! Lawrence

Sudhir Arya (SA)

--Sudhir Arya (SA)--
| 6 8 8
Ahmedabad, India
--Sudhir Arya (SA)--

Working as an OpenERP/Odoo developer and a Team Leader 

Top 5 Odoo contributor On Stackoverflow

LinkedIn

Blog

Stackoverflow

Sudhir Arya (SA)
On 7/20/13, 2:09 PM

I think you can try it by overriding search method and in that method change the domain (change AND criteria to OR) as you want.

Hi Sudhir, thanks for your response. I'm not entirely sure how to modify the method - would you mind providing a bit more information about how to go about doing this? Thanks for your help!

Lawrence
on 7/23/13, 1:49 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/19/13, 10:08 AM
Seen: 808 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM