Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to modify child_ids form fields by inheriting contact page

By
Mind And Go
on 10/20/13, 6:56 PM 2,023 views

Hy,

I would like to override the little contact form that is in the base.view_partner_form : * I can't get any field * I succeed in pointing the page of the notebook but didn't succeed in getting inside the subform * I tried this without success :

//page[@string='Contacts']/field[@name='child_ids']/form/field[@name='category_id'] and this //page[@string='Contacts']/form/field[@name='category_id']

Here is the definition of the view : http://pastebin.com/0aakHbZ4

Mind And Go
On 10/21/13, 7:08 PM

Pfiouuuuu,

I finally succeed after multiple tests. Here is one of the correct syntax :

< xpath expr="//field[@name='child_ids']/form/sheet/div/field[@name='category_id']" position="attributes" > < attribute name="placeholder" >Professions< /attribute > < /xpath>

My point was that I didn't undertsnad how to drill down in the structure of the form!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/20/13, 6:56 PM
Seen: 2023 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM