Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to Migrate Odoo 9 from One Server to Another

By
Firman Siahaan
on 8/19/16, 12:12 AM 488 views

We plan to simulate the Odoo implementation by developing and customizing the Odoo 9 implementation in development server online, and when it's ready we plan to migrate it to off line on premise server, my question will be is there any best practice to do this without losing any single file and keep everything intact

Any inputs will be appreciated, I can't find any articles online about this

Keenmeng Lew
On 8/22/16, 4:07 AM

I usually backup the entire database and restore it on a server with the same version of Odoo and it's dependencies.  Try this: -

• Go to your Odoo installation and instead of login click on "Manage Databases". From this web interface create a backup of the database you want to migrate.

• Deploy a new Odoo server in your target environment. From the "Manage Databases" interface restore the database you have backed up from the previous step.

Cheers!

km

Please tell more how to do it if you don't mind? It sounds more suitable to our situation since we have our installation on Google CLoud, and the best thing to do is by doing it manually

Firman Siahaan
on 8/22/16, 4:15 AM
Dominique Chabord
On 8/20/16, 3:24 PM

Hello,

moving a virtual machine is probably the safest and ths simplest.

Install several hosts with lxc or openvz capabilitioes, for example using proxmox.

Create a container for your developments

A scp of tar.gz or a rsync of the container will do the job with no risk.

I recommand building your restoration/recovery plan on the same technology.

One of the problem is we do the development on Google Cloud hosting, and it seems we can migrate by moving the image of virtual machine, is there any way if you ever see the article

Firman Siahaan
on 8/22/16, 4:14 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/19/16, 12:12 AM
Seen: 488 times
Last updated: 8/22/16, 4:16 AM