Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how-to migrate myob accounting data to openerp 7?

on 11/26/13, 9:29 PM 2,009 views

Hi community,

Is there any available tool in launchpad which can enable myob accounting migration to openerp 7?

Or do you use ETL or something similar to make this happen?

We are moving our current data in myob, not too big but still require some kind of automation. Any recommendation to get started? Thanks.

Jeff Schaubb
On 7/20/14, 7:21 AM

I have the same consideration, moving from MYOB Plus v.8.  It is my conclusion presently (FYI) to cut-over at end of accounting period, migrating only account definitions and starting balances, leaving transactional data behind.

I am planning on migrating from MYOB accounting plus v13 for mac (around 2004 !) - and know of nothing to help with the import process, apart from good old excel of course. Doing the transfer at the end of the accounting period is a very sensible thing to do.

Kurt Haselwimmer
on 7/20/14, 4:06 PM
Michael St-Georges
On 7/20/14, 7:35 AM

It is standard ERP practice to cut-over at end of accounting period and only migrate what is necessary moving forward. Migrating historic data is usually a huge headache and often leeds to troubles. I'd go with Jeff suggestion.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 11/26/13, 9:29 PM
Seen: 2009 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM