Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to merge Manufacturing orders ?

Alaa Alnajjar
on 4/6/16, 6:44 AM 260 views

Let's say I have 2 products: snackbar and biscuits, and both have their own BOM, and I checked "Manufacture" and "Make to order" for both products

If I create 2 sales order for two different customers: 100 snackbar, and the other one : 50 snackbar and 50 biscuits, what the system will do once sales orders are confirmed is to create few manufacturing orders: (1) 100 snackbars and they need 10 Kg dough (2) 50 snackbar  and they need 5 KG dough (3) 50 biscuits and they need 10 Kg (biscuit dough)

From a manufacturing perspective, the factory will make 15 kg dough at once to make 150 snackbars , it won't make 10 kg dough to make 100 snackbars, then repeat the same process for 50 snackbars, the system currently is creating separate manufacturing orders and it seems confusing for the employees whom using the system, they asked for similar orders to be combined into one order

So what I'm asking is this: Is there away to make odoo merge similar manufacturing orders automatically? so in the example above it must generate 2 manufacturing orders : (1) 150 snackbars and products to be consumed is 15 kg dough  (2) 50 biscuits, I'm looking for all your suggestions

What I suggested and was declined: Disable auto generating manufacturing orders, they have to create sales order then they have to calculate needed products (100 + 50 = 150 snackbars) then create manufacturing orders manually for 150 snackbars, and that was declined since it involves a lot of manual work and higher risk of mistakes

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 4/6/16, 6:44 AM
Seen: 260 times
Last updated: 4/6/16, 11:26 AM