Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to manage server for developers?

By
klabacita
on 4/10/14, 2:11 PM 633 views

Hi.

Soon we are going to start using oerp 7 for the company, I already setup this on centos 6, before our ERP was easy to develop new programs because was using php+apache.

But oerp is different, right now I have 3 servers:

1; Develop de app 2; Test de app. 3; Production.

Simple, they work on devel, latter they test on server 2, if the app works move to server 3, easy, they have the GUI in their desktops, they change their script locally and latter they move to the servers for test and go on and on...

But with oerp we need to learn python, but that is that my question, my point from the sysadm side, how are u managing the environment for a bunch of developers, I want them to work on the same server, like what we have right now.

3 Servers, devel, test, production. How are u sysadmins doing this?

Thanks.

Med Said BARA

--Med Said BARA--
| 5 5 7
Algeria
--Med Said BARA--
Med Said BARA
On 4/10/14, 3:47 PM

Take a look at this link, especially the server_environment and the server_environment_files modules.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/10/14, 2:11 PM
Seen: 633 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM