Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to manage purchases

By
Santiago EV
on 8/31/15, 10:01 AM 313 views

I have about 2000 SKUs and we are an industrial wholesalers/distributor of steel products.

We usually buy many different (variants) steel products from the same suppliers.

So I have made it so I get an email alert each time a product reaches its Minimum Reorder point so as to alert me to buy more.  Unfortunately that is a lot of product alerts.  So I would like to have the system send me an email alert for all products in one category instead of one per product.

Im working on this with the programmer but what I would like to know is what other options are there for handling purchases that might fit my needs?  I want to be alerted of my required products and have Odoo create a list of items required such that I can pick items from that list and create purchase orders for those products.

You want to get alert by product category wise? And to get required list, I think in your dashboard when you logged in, it will show the list view of products that has to be ordered, from which you can select them and create POs.

Akhil P Sivan
on 9/2/15, 7:11 AM

You mean In the Warehouse Schedulers Procurements listing? I get is a list of procurements generated but I cannot organize them by category of products. For example we have pipes and plates subcategories under the Steel Category. I would like to see what Odoo is suggesting as procurements for pipes and give those suggested procurements to our purchasing manager so he can compare them with the procurements he himself has determined as important by his own calculations. That way he can compare both lists. I would do the same for the plates procurements, generate a list of just plates subcategory for the manager to review. How can I do this?

Santiago EV
on 9/2/15, 10:23 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/31/15, 10:01 AM
Seen: 313 times
Last updated: 9/2/15, 10:23 AM