This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I would like to know how we can manage production losses in Odoo v11. I found one thread about this, but it was back in 2016 in v8, so I'm hoping there is a better/easier solution than the one given there. 

We manufacture spices and obviously part of it is lost during process. When we create an MO of 100 kg, we might end up with only 99.5 kg and a loss of 0.5%.

For example:
50kg input Cinnamon Raw Mat A + 50kg input Cinnamon Raw Mat B results in 99.5kg Cinnamon ground. 

This should subtract 50kg from Cinnamon Raw mat A, 50kg from Cinnamon Raw mat B, and add 99,5kg to Cinnamon ground. The loss% we want to save per product, and per work station. 

How can we manage this in Odoo?

Discard
Author

Scrapping does not work for us, because it will ADD the scrapped raw mat to the already used raw mat.

The inventory movement should be:

- 50kg cinnamon A

- 50kg cinnamon B

+99.5kg cinnamon powder

And it should be saved (and possible to analyse per item, work order, etc.) that we have 0.5kg/0.5% loss in this specific work order.

But okay, we'll probably need a third party app or customise ourselves to realise this.

Hi Michiel,

If you scrap the excess quantity, above the predicted for your MO, you should get the results you want.

Your completed MO will have final units, and your scrap will reflect the additional materials "lost", during production.

Best Answer

Hi Michiel,

Your desired feature is depreciated from community and they bring this features in enterprise but still you can not find the field like manufacturing efficiency, rounding, no of cycle with time.

As this is most common scenario you can search similar apps in OCA, you might found your solution from there.

Thanks.

Discard

Those features are gone in v13, v14 enterprise. OCA does not have a module, so guess we need to create one to bring back these depreciated feature.

Best Answer

Odoo works with a standard Bill of Materials ie ( All quantities are pre-determined- consumed raw materials, produced finished goods, and the byproducts if any are all pre determined). So in case you want to record differences in actual production then you would want to scrap the quantity manually and this way meet your requirement.  

Discard
Author Best Answer

Jainesh, thanks for your reply!

Do you mean manufacturing efficiency (and working with production losses) will be build into Odoo Enterprise V12?

Yes, we will indeed look for an app, but I'm surprised that something that seems so basic to me, is not by default included in Odoo. 

Discard