This question has been flagged
5 Replies

I'm trying to set-up OpenERP to handle my products as having multiple packaging options.

Ideally I would like to create a product template to define variants (color, size, etc) and also define a packagings each with its own packaging quantity, price, and stock. And I need to be able to convert back and forth between packaging.

I'm aware I can do something like this using the manufacturing module by creating a product for each package and associating Bill of Materials to handle the conversion between package. But it would be too cumbersome for the store I'm implementing this at. It's a small retail store that also sells wholesale to customers. If I need to open a product package to sell units on the spot, the whole documenting process in the system would take too long.

Are there any other alternatives to using BoM?

Also, I'm no stranger to python development so any solution that requires module development would be ok.

Thanks in advance.

Discard

Hi Gerardo, did you find a solution to your problem? If so, i would be grateful if you could share the solution you found to overcome your problem.

Hi Gerardo & Steven, i'm also interested in finding a solution for this. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

I too would be interested in finding a solution for this.

Best Answer

Discard
Best Answer

I ask for this question in the Community:

https://www.odoo.com/groups/community-inventory-and-mrp-66/community-inventory-and-mrp-10684380?mode=thread&date_begin=&date_end=

Discard