Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to manage product packages as products themselves.

Gerardo Cobo
on 8/3/13, 8:57 PM 4,897 views

I'm trying to set-up OpenERP to handle my products as having multiple packaging options.

Ideally I would like to create a product template to define variants (color, size, etc) and also define a packagings each with its own packaging quantity, price, and stock. And I need to be able to convert back and forth between packaging.

I'm aware I can do something like this using the manufacturing module by creating a product for each package and associating Bill of Materials to handle the conversion between package. But it would be too cumbersome for the store I'm implementing this at. It's a small retail store that also sells wholesale to customers. If I need to open a product package to sell units on the spot, the whole documenting process in the system would take too long.

Are there any other alternatives to using BoM?

Also, I'm no stranger to python development so any solution that requires module development would be ok.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Gerardo, did you find a solution to your problem? If so, i would be grateful if you could share the solution you found to overcome your problem.

Paragon Scientific Limited, Steven Butler
on 4/9/14, 7:21 PM

Hi Gerardo & Steven, i'm also interested in finding a solution for this. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Luke Branch
on 7/23/14, 2:19 AM

I too would be interested in finding a solution for this.

Luc Blais
on 9/8/14, 7:21 PM
Rafael Blasco
On 1/30/15, 5:23 AM

I ask for this question in the Community:

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

8 follower(s)

Asked: 8/3/13, 8:57 PM
Seen: 4897 times
Last updated: 8/6/15, 6:09 PM