This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have already read very much about the disadvantages of OEP7's contact management in comparison to OEP6.

The new partner model is easily usable for companies having private persons as contacts. But what about private persons having more than one address, i. e. who want to get delivered their orders to another address they live (or at work)?

That means, I exactly need the opposite case: The ability to link a company or another private person to a private person. You may think now, this is the same, but indeed, it is not: The customer should be the private person and this dataset should contain all additional information. Linking the private person to a company would mean that the company (who is NOT the main customer) contains all information. I simply need the opposite of this - a private person whose dataset contains all additional information and another contact linked to this person only containing a different address (this could be a company, but another private person, too). Is there any way to hold such contacts in OpenERP 7? Maybe any trick to link additional contacts even in the case of 'NOT a company'? Or an additional module achieving this?

Discard
Best Answer

The data model allows a private person with more than one private address, it is just that the UI assumes all Customers with multiple addresses are companies.

Change the UI, by making the Contacts page visible at all times, not just when the Customer is a company.

image description

Extra Credit - rename Contacts to Addresses for Customers where "Is a Company" is False.

Discard
Author

Thank you, this was exactly what have planned to do. I just wanted to be sure that I have not overseen any configuration achieving this. Anyway, I made a custom module for res.partner to obtain additional custom information to be shown inside UI. I will now add the change you propose.

If the module is something you can share, please do.

Author

Of course, I could share, but I think this module is not so useful for others, as it is very special: It adds additional fields to res.partner displayed at an own notebook-page of partner view. These fields are very very specific to the use case. They come from an old system and have to be held anywhere. The module's purpose is to extend partner view with this information for printing all relevant data to one page. Some of the custom fields will be updated automatically by database triggers and stored procedures in future, whenever a new sale.order or invoice will have been generated.