Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to manage multi branches of single company ?

By
muthunaveen
on 8/13/13, 2:36 AM 5,581 views

Hi all,

I would like to know how can we manage multiple branches which has their respective warehouses , shops, share the products and inventory under a single company. Their purchase, sales and delivery are completely exclusive with their respective address of branch. No separate chart of accounts, balance sheet and P&L branch wise. All entries are posted in Main companies' accounts.
Is multi-company is the appropriate solution ? or it can be managed by creating shops, warehouse, locations in a single company ?

Thanks in advance for your replies

R muthunaveen

I also have the same question. I tried to create a branch shop but it was created as a company under "CUSTOMERS". How and where should it be created?

infomate
on 12/30/13, 2:36 AM

@muthunaveen, did you find a solution? I am stuck with the same problem :(

User198605
on 3/9/15, 8:02 AM

Bejaoui Souheil

--Bejaoui Souheil--
| 2 1 4
Sousse, Tunisia
--Bejaoui Souheil--

Odoo developer,  functional and technical consultant

souheil_bejaoui@hotmail.fr

Bejaoui Souheil
On 5/16/16, 6:57 AM

Hi,

1/ With multi-company you can define your branches as sub-company for your real one company without defining an account chart for each branch (only the head company will have one).

In this case    

• Warehouse for each branch

• Specific report header for each branch

• Entries are posted in Main companies' accounts

• Manage users access for branches as needed

• Get sales analysis by branch

2/ You can simply activate multiple warehouses option without multi-company

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
On 3/9/15, 2:20 AM

Hello,

This would help.

Thanks.

Alby Antony
On 3/9/15, 2:57 AM

you can activate manage multiple warehouses instead of different company.

go to settings->warehouses-> put tick mark in manage multiple ware houses.

there you can add different warehouses under single company

I have created multiple warehouses. However, how can I see income and expense (P&L) data at warehouse level ?

User198605
on 3/9/15, 8:05 AM
Juzer Golwala
On 12/26/14, 3:11 AM

Did you manage to get a solution to your question of managing multiple branches either in V7 or V8 ?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/13/13, 2:36 AM
Seen: 5581 times
Last updated: 8/3/16, 9:09 AM