Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to manage Expenses in v7

Oleg Nevedrov
on 6/23/13, 10:35 AM 1,534 views

I just installed OpenERP and trying to figure out how to manage expenses and then bill them to customer.

I entered all my expenses and got them approved. They are in status Waiting payment. How do I make a payment for the expenses? When I click "Generate Accounting Entries" I'm getting following error: The employee must have a payable account set on his home address

Thanks in advance, Oleg

Ralph LAvaud
On 6/23/13, 11:04 AM

I take it you are using the HR expense module. Each employee who will be entering expenses are required to have a home address in their employee record (HR - Employees). You can use the same address as the one in the user record if the employee is also a user. Once you have that done, you will be able to generate the entries. The Accounting entries will create a payable to the employee at this point, but you can change the partner if you want, then you can post your entries.

I hope this helps

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 6/23/13, 10:35 AM
Seen: 1534 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM