Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to manage Customer Tips in POS?

Andrés Reyes Monge
on 7/9/15, 4:48 PM 643 views

According to https://www.odoo.com/page/point-of-sale-features it is possible to "Accept customer extra tips or convert their change to a tip."

However, i can't find that in the POS, is there a module i should install or a special configuration switch i have to enable?

How does customer tip management work?

totally misleading from Odoo to publicize a feature that has not been released

Andrés Reyes Monge
on 7/9/15, 5:36 PM

I agree with you, and if you look on PoS Restaurant page is the same thing: is all about V9. :(

on 7/9/15, 5:57 PM

Is the sass-6 branch from github the same as Odoo Online then? Meaning i could try and run it?

Andrés Reyes Monge
on 7/10/15, 10:44 AM

Have a look here: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/odoo-v8-vs-saas-6-vs-ocb-v8-whats-the-difference-58606

on 7/10/15, 6:16 PM

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 7/9/15, 9:53 PM

This feature is available in Odoo Online (SaaS-6) since June 2015, rightfully "publicized".

Thanks for the update Fabrice, but I grant you on mid June SaaS version was the same of V8.

on 7/10/15, 6:23 PM
On 7/9/15, 5:34 PM

you need to wait a little more time to have it. The page you saw is about Odoo V9, not yet released. 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 7/9/15, 4:48 PM
Seen: 643 times
Last updated: 7/10/15, 6:16 PM