This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have adequate user rights to manage sales tags (i.e. Settings --> Users --> Technical Features). I can also view the Sales tags at Sales --> Leads and Opportunities --> Sales tags. So, no problem there.

There are the default Sales tags like Product, Software, Services etc. However, these are totally irrelevant for our business and we most likley need at this point only couple of those. In Edit-mode I can change/edit the name and change the Sales team but I can neither inactivate the tags, like I can do with the other tags in Kanban view, nor delete them. 

This is a bit annoying as I do not want to create 6 to 8 redundant Sales Tags are which are used but to have a short list of two or three tags which are used.

Discard

It can be possible by altering the rights given to the user.... For eg for your user you need to make sales, purchase and project as employee rights or empty Settings-->Users-->sales-->employee or empty etc Try this Pekka Hilden......

Author

Yes, you are right. We have two versions of Odoo in use. One is a training version and the other version is Production version. For security reasons "Delete"-rights in different Groups' rights were removed when we moved from Training to Production. In our training version I could remove Sales tags but not anymore in Production version and comparing the Groups rights shows that the problem lies there. So, now I have to do trial/error to find how I can return the delete rights. I can compare the rights in Training and Production versions but it is a bit tedious as the names are not that intuitive. If only somebody made a proper user manual for Odoo. That would be highly valued as most of the other stuff available at different sites is pretty much useless as the "user manuals" are too shallow and technical materials are then for developers and useless for ordinary daily users.

Best Answer

Sales Tags are defined and can be deleted in the menu Sales/Configuration/Sales Tags. Right of access to this menu Technical Features.

Discard