Odoo Help

How to make use of the base_import module?

By
Hulshof
on 7/3/13, 8:07 AM 1,967 views

Does anybody have experience with base_import module? I thought that this module was used in the standard import button on all tree-views, but the main class in base_import.models, "ir_import" is called nowhere. Maybe just this class is not used at the moment, but being the biggest class in the module, that surprises me. Does anybody know if I misunderstand or miss something on this subject?

Hulshof
On 7/3/13, 8:33 AM

It is a bit awkward, but I'm just learning Python/OpenERP. A class is not called by the class definition itself, but by the name defined inside the class. In the case of base_import, this class is called "base_import.import", which is called from the other elements in the module. It IS used as the standard import function under the import button. Nevertheless I am interested in alternative import uses with this module as the basis, so if anybody has done this already, please share it.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/3/13, 8:07 AM
Seen: 1967 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM