Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to make update module list using config parameter ?

By
Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
on 12/24/14, 5:58 AM 3,188 views

I want to know the name of the configuration parameter which is used for the update module list.

After providing list of my new modules into that parameter I can install those new modules directly using configuration paramter -i / --init.

can any one have made this before ?

Note : I know about the option -u which is used for upgrade any installed module. . .

If both my answer and zbik's answer are worth negative votes, then perhaps you need to explain a lot better what you want to achieve?

Ludo - Neobis
on 12/24/14, 10:40 AM

There is no config parameter available to do this. (I am assuming that your question "Update module list" is the menu available at Settings)

Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
on 1/2/15, 2:09 AM
Ajeng Shilvie
On 12/25/14, 1:54 AM

@emipro ,

i am new in openerp but if i want to update module list without go to setting i always use this paramaeter in Terminal

python openerp-server -c /etc/openerp-honda.conf -d training -u wtc_approval

-c /etc/openerp-honda.conf -> for configuration path

-d training -> My database name

-u wtc_approval -> My Custom module

so, after i customize my custom module , i don't need to go to setting menu just refresh my page .

Demirel yakito
On 1/2/15, 1:43 AM

First go to your odoo directory. eg: cd /opt/odoo/v8.0/

then inside the directory,you type.

/opt/odoo/v8.0 $ ./odoo.py -c /etc/odoo-server.conf -d database_name -u module_name

-c for configuration file.

-d for Database

-u for module name

nick2474
On 8/23/16, 10:23 PM

In case are using Xoe script you can do a database backup and then run:

# xoe start -update db_name All

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 12/24/14, 6:48 AM

Not quite sure if I understand your question, but did you mean "-u $modulename" on the commandline? This updates said module for the database you provided, just like "-i $modulename" installs the module.

zbik

--zbik--
| 6 4 7
Lodz, Poland
--zbik--

zbik
On 12/24/14, 6:57 AM

A complete list of parameters can be found in the file tools/config.py. You probably need "-u all"

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/24/14, 5:58 AM
Seen: 3188 times
Last updated: 8/23/16, 10:23 PM