This question has been flagged
8 Replies

I want to know the name of the configuration parameter which is used for the update module list.

After providing list of my new modules into that parameter I can install those new modules directly using configuration paramter -i / --init.

can any one have made this before ?

Note : I know about the option -u which is used for upgrade any installed module. . .

Discard

If both my answer and zbik's answer are worth negative votes, then perhaps you need to explain a lot better what you want to achieve?

There is no config parameter available to do this. (I am assuming that your question "Update module list" is the menu available at Settings)

Best Answer

Hi,

Please check one of the Odoo existing documentation link https://www.odoo.com/documentation/10.0/reference/cmdline.html you can get all the parameter from there.

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

@emipro ,

i am new in openerp but if i want to update module list without go to setting i always use this paramaeter in Terminal

python openerp-server -c /etc/openerp-honda.conf -d training -u wtc_approval

-c /etc/openerp-honda.conf -> for configuration path

-d training -> My database name

-u wtc_approval -> My Custom module

so, after i customize my custom module , i don't need to go to setting menu just refresh my page .

Discard
Best Answer

First go to your odoo directory. eg: cd /opt/odoo/v8.0/

then inside the directory,you type.

/opt/odoo/v8.0 $ ./odoo.py -c /etc/odoo-server.conf -d database_name -u module_name

-c for configuration file.

-d for Database

-u for module name

Discard
Best Answer

In case are using Xoe script you can do a database backup and then run:

# xoe start -update db_name All

Discard
Best Answer

Not quite sure if I understand your question, but did you mean "-u $modulename" on the commandline? This updates said module for the database you provided, just like "-i $modulename" installs the module.

Discard
Best Answer

A complete list of parameters can be found in the file tools/config.py. You probably need "-u all"

Discard