This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi Guys,

I have configured multicompany in version 7. There are two child companies under a parent like

A - Parent

B & C - Child.

All the configurations are done. But  when I open the parent company as administrator the sale order form is in readonly mode there is no posibility of selecting any fields.

Kindly let me know whether anything has to be done using access rights and record rules.

Hope this gets solved soon.

Discard
Best Answer

Usually the rules are defined so that when you log into a Parent company, you can update the child company's data.

So, here are things to check:

• Are you sure that the Sale Order is not in the non-editable State (Done, Cancelled, etc.)?
  • Check the Record Rules for sale.order and sale.order.line, the groups the Admin belong to must have something like ['|', ('company_id', '=', user.company_id.id), ('company_id', 'child_of', user.company_id.id)] .  This is the generic rule to allow editing off docuemnts belonging to the company and it's child
  • Check whether the groups the Admin user belong to have write access to sale.order and sale.order.line
Discard
Author

Hello John, 1) When I try to create a sale order even in draft mode its non-edtable. 2) Even after adding the rules there is no effect.Kindly find the attached screen-shots. 3) Admin has all the acces rights. Can you list the basic steps so that I can try again.

Author

Sorry no screen-shots

If you can create sale order, that means you have ACL to create sale.order. Record rules need to be tested on save, so, you can't do it right now. If the fields are non-editable when you create a new sale.order, my suspicion will be that the view has been altered so that 'draft' is also non-editable state. So, check the form view you are using for sale.order.

Author

Thank You! I have developed a module where there is a state before draft. I have forgot to install it.Now its working fine. Thank you so much.