Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to make report with OpenOfficeWriter ?

antik rara ayu
on 1/15/15, 1:19 AM 1,401 views

I have made a point of sales and I have also been running the session.
I want to make a report on all sales that I have done.
I have installed base_report_designer on my odoo.
there is said that I have to install OpenObject Report Designer plug-in on OpenOfficewriter and I've installed it. then I Follow the steps to configure OpenERP Report Designer plug-ins in Openoffice writer.
but I am still confused how to make a report on OpenOfficeWriter.

how to make a report in OpenOfficeWriter?
please teach me,

Please help,

Thank you

| 7 7 8
Turnhout, Belgium

My Odoo blog: http://www.odoo.yenthevg.com/

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Yenthe666

On 1/15/15, 2:06 AM

Hi Antik

As I can see you have the tag 'odooV8' I should strongly advice you not to use Open Office and RML reports.
This kind of report is deprecated and isn't really used in Odoo anymore. You should take the alternative, which is QWeb reports.

If you want to create a whole new report by code I'd suggest you to follow this tutorial that I made on my blog: http://www.odoo.yenthevg.com/creating-custom-reports-odoo-8/
Its a step by step guide which will get you familiar with the structure and how QWeb reports work.
If you just want to modify an existing report you can do this through both the XML file in the module or through 'Settings > Reports > Reports'. Simply search the report you're looking for and edit it.

oh so like it, thank you. I'll see your blog and try to follow the tutorial that you provide.

antik rara ayu
on 1/15/15, 7:46 PM

What if I can not use openoffice? I have read something about a tutorial on your blog, but I do not understand it. whether it is still possible for me to use in this way? I am really a beginner.

antik rara ayu
on 1/16/15, 12:26 AM

You can't use the openoffice plugin and RML reports with V8. Its deprecated. So you'll need to create a new QWeb report really. Unless you'd want to create a deprecated report in Odoo with RML through code. You will need to do it all in a file though, you cant use the Office plugin. It has stopped working after V7.. So you'll really need to look into QWeb reporting! By the way, if the answer has helped you please consider upvoting/accepting it :)

on 1/16/15, 1:52 AM

is there a specific module should I install?

antik rara ayu
on 1/18/15, 10:45 PM

Nope none, reports are installed by default and can be found under the settings menu. If you want to do it by code you can find it in the module you'd like to use.

on 1/19/15, 1:56 AM

so if I already create custom reports it will automatically go to settings -> reports -> reports?

antik rara ayu
on 1/19/15, 10:55 PM

If you made the custom report through code, added it in a module and updated this module you will see them under reports yes!

on 1/20/15, 2:00 AM

I've tried a tutorial on http://www.odoo.yenthevg.com/creating-custom-reports-odoo-8/. I do step by step as the tutorial. but on the customer invoice is still not I find the invoice without prices. I also had to update the module. how to solve this?

antik rara ayu
on 1/20/15, 3:09 AM

Do you see the new print option in the dropdown where you print the invoice? Is it showing the second name? Does the print work and what does it print?

on 1/20/15, 3:12 AM

I've tried to look at the customer invoice -> print but does not show the second name. only invoice in the dropdown.

antik rara ayu
on 1/20/15, 3:40 AM

Then you've done something wrong (in the wrong module, wrong place, no update of module, haven't included the file in the init files, ..) Its hard for me to say what you did wrong though :s

on 1/20/15, 3:42 AM

I followed your tutorial on http://www.odoo.yenthevg.com/creating-custom-reports-odoo-8/ or is there something I need to do in addition to that of the tutorial?

antik rara ayu
on 1/20/15, 3:49 AM

Have you reloaded your module by either command? (./openerp-server -u sale or through settings > update module list > open up the sale app and click on update)

on 1/20/15, 3:51 AM

I've updated the settings -> module updates the list but still does not appear

antik rara ayu
on 1/20/15, 8:15 PM

Hmm then you did something wrong / missed something through code.. Have a second look and otherwise send me the module and I'll have a look when I have some time.

on 1/21/15, 2:26 AM

I think it's still too difficult for me. Can you give me an example of a more simple? so I can understand the first diagram of the manufacturing qweb. eg I want to print the customer master data. how to make? please help me

antik rara ayu
on 1/22/15, 3:28 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 1/15/15, 1:19 AM
Seen: 1401 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM