Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how to make report in OpenERP v.7 ?

By
fencyta
on 2/5/15, 10:48 PM 1,089 views

hi,

i don't know how to make report in OpenERP v.7, can you tell me about it ?

Thanks before,

Umashankar Subramani
On 2/6/15, 12:30 AM

HI fencyta

It is really easy to make report using webkit while compared to Qweb here is the sample...

<report
                auto="False"
                id="report_test_report"
                model="report.model"
                name="report_testing_model"
                file="hello_report/report/report_webkit.mako"
                string="Webkit report"
                report_type="webkit"
               />

in which model denotes your model name(_name="report.model"), name is user defined name, file is your location of your report file name, string is the name you have given for the menu. And the report file is as follows....

<html>
<head>

</head>
    <body>
      <hr  size="20">
        <br><br>
        <table border="1.0" width="100%" >
                <tr>
                    <th>Name</th>
                    <th>Experience</th>
                    <th>Salary</th>
                    <th>Company</th>
                </tr>
            %for obj in objects:
                <tr>
                    <td>${obj.name}</td>
                    <td>${obj.exp}</td>
                    <td>${obj.sal}</td>
                    <td>${obj.company}</td>
                </tr>
                %endfor
            </table>
    </body>
</html>

......you have to save this file as .mako eg report_webkit.mako, what ever you have defined in your class you can accesed using $(obj.) format, Its a simple html you can do it very easily try this....

where can I set it? Can you tell me a tutorial?

fencyta
on 2/10/15, 10:23 PM
Ajay
On 2/5/15, 11:57 PM

Hi fencyta,

the following links will usefull for you to create reports:

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/put-report-in-module-5224

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/link-the-best-rml-report-tutorial-70591

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-modify-a-simple-report-74350

fencyta
On 2/8/15, 10:05 PM

Thank you for all answer ..

Andrija Burlic
On 2/6/15, 5:26 AM

I solved my problem by integrating Jasper reports with OpenERP v7.

Jasper reports offers many formats (doc, pdf, excell and much more), so it's great if you need all that stuffs. there are some modules that integrates Jasper with OpenERP, so it makes your lifee much easier.

If you are not familiar with Jasper (thus for very simply reports you can figure out it very quickly), maybe OpenOffice can do the trick for you- simply reports are very easy to make with OpenOffice and there are several tutorials for that. 

Can you give me a tutorial to make it? thankz

fencyta
on 2/10/15, 10:05 PM

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/jasperreport-and-openerp-7-with-parameters-how-to-33534 Here you can find very good explanation how to connect jasper anfd openerp. Remember, you need to install Jasper Server on your machine. Easy task. Then you need to set up JasperServer- this manual is for that purpose (from 6)). If you set all OK, you can run your reports from JasperServer, w/o Openerp. Then you just have to connect JasperServer with Openerp (from 20)). Hope this helps. hint: in JasperServer, you create folders by right click...

Andrija Burlic
on 2/11/15, 3:33 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/5/15, 10:48 PM
Seen: 1089 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM